Easy step by step guide showing you how to make cake bunting. Cake bunting is a cute and simple cake topper for your wedding cake, you can make the flags in your choice of colour or pattern. Read our step by step guide to make your cake bunting.
Source: Intimate Weddings
You will need:
- fabric of your choice
- Heat’n Bond Adhesive or Wonder Under
- needle or safety pin
- 2 bamboo skewers
Step by step guide
- Cut strips of material (you can use a mix of different material if you choose). Here we have cut the strips 4? x 10?.
- Fold each strip in half lengthways and iron.
- Cut Wonder Under or Heat n Bond adhesive strips slightly smaller than half the width of your material. Place it on one side of the material strip and iron, remove the paper then stick the material to itself along the folded line.
- Cut out a triangle template from cardboard approx 1.5″. Lay the template on the material and trace around with a pencil, make sure the top of the triangle is in line with the folded side of the material.
- Do this along the whole length of the material.
- Cut out the flags.
- Using a needle or safety pin thread the string through the flags.
- Once all the flags have been threaded through tie the string to the bamboo skewers and poke in the top or your cake.
If you don’t have the time to make your own cake bunting you may like these alternative cake toppers: